You find yourself stalking people’s track results whenever you have Internet.
- While composing your Christmas list you realize everything you want is related to track. Trainers, brightest pair of spikes, spandex, etc.
- You spend an entire practice on block starts.
- Indian runs.
- You are hungry all the time from two-a-days.
- You are having to dodge footballs because it’s football season and your track wraps around the football field.
- Cross country.
- The thigh area of your pants is getting tighter and the waist area is getting bigger.
- A “day off” consists of being sore from the previous practice and dreading whatever brutal workout your coach has for you the next day.
- The workout you finally mastered at the end of last season is now your worst enemy again.
- Watching the newbies drop like flies during the “weed out” workouts.
- You learn that tires are multipurpose. They don’t JUST go on vehicles, they also get flipped.. by you.. at practice.
- Reps, reps, and more reps in the weight room.
- You get shin splints from running the loop around your school.
- Turbo jav.
- You find yourself washing your hands whenever you are near a sink because your hands are so dirty from whatever crazy circuit your coach made up that day.
- You run every day….but you do field events.
- Grass vaulting.
- You have a countdown for when coach will finally let you bust out the throwing implements and pits.
- You don’t know what to wear to practice because in the morning it’s cold, but in the afternoon it’s hot.
- You look like a sweaty mess in class… sorry fellow students, we have to practice sometime.
- Ice baths become your favorite kind of bath.
- You have a countdown until indoor starts.
“But Coach, I’m a pole vaulter?”
If looks were lethal… wait, shouldn’t he be happy? He’s in first place!
Remember, it’s not whoever crosses the line first, it’s WHAT ever. Even fish faces.
#ThoughtsWhileRunning: “I HATE THIS.”
“Pole vaulting drills are not my favorite.”
Napoleon Dynamite back on the track!
“Teach me how to dougie, teach me teach me how to dougie.”
This is what catching a shot put like a boss would look like.
“This throw is going to be great, I can taste it.”
(THE FOLLOWING PHOTOS WERE FOUND ON GOOGLE IMAGES)
NOM NOM NOM
That throw left a sour taste in my mouth.
Gangnam Style – Shot put edition
Out with the evil spirits!
And the best shot put face goes to America’s sweetheart, Kurt Roberts
“What do you mean 3 mile cool down???”
“HAHA, it’s hilarious. You distance kids laugh all you want, but wait until the sprints.”
“WOAAAH I’m half way there, woahhh living on a prayer!”
“I see dead people!” (“..and I’m still allergic to sand.”–inside joke, see first edition of #TrackFaceTuesday)
I got a wedgie, but I can’t pick it…don’t want to drop the baton.
Oh man, who fartlek’d!?
You know you are a true tracklete when you take prom pictures with your #TrackFace on.
It’s just a 5k, they said. It will be fun, they said.
Wait, is the Pope Catholic or not? I don’t get it..
Now that’s what I call high quality H2O.
Just keep running, just keep running..
OH MY GOSH WHAT IS THIS? I thought this was the 100 hurdles…
Let’s face it trackletes, you don’t get beauty points for how your face looks in the wonderful sport of track and field.
Thank goodness, because for most of the track population–we are too focused on our events to worry about how our face looks. Embrace the #trackface and learn to love it because laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and you cry alone.
Here’s to the first #TrackFaceTuesday!
@BaileyMaus – It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a Maus!
@catsherwood14 – OMG, not sand!?
@chennooaa – I used to have a fear of hurdles, but then I got over it.
@downtownBbrowne – Nooo, I’m allergic to sand!
@LarryC25 – Apparently LeBron was a pirate back in his track days..?
@Lkazz34 – No words can do this picture justice.
@m_ax_we – just a hop, skip, and a what?
@RunnerNerd – Join the cross country team, they said. It would be fun, they said.
@Sebferko10 – I don’t always get out fast, but when I do.. I look like this.
@StarScr3amChris – Coach said, “Don’t hold your breath.” I’ll show him.
@StashMan94 – Wrong sport Stashman, the Heisman is for football.
@TinaBruenJes5 – I hope I didn’t scratch.
@trackboss518 – #ThoughtsWhileRunning: I should have picked a field event.
@EvanKeil – What? My mom makes me wear this helmet!
20. The worse nightmares contain thoughts about getting shin splints or stress fractures.
19. Trackletes know you don’t jump hurdles, you hurdle hurdles. You don’t throw the shot put, you put the shot. You don’t put spikes on your shoes, you put spikes on your spikes.
18. Fartlek-ing in public is completely normal and healthy.
17. “PRed” can legally be used as a verb (in the track world).
16. Dead last finish is greater than DNF.
15. Middle distance events are like the middle child, awkward.
14. Up, on deck, and in the hole make complete sense to a tracklete.
13. Trackletes don’t waste time Facebook stalking like normal people. They study people on milesplit, tfrrs, direct athletics, etc.
12. That awkward moment when someone asks a tracklete what he or she plays.
11. Trackletes can convert the saying hop-skip-jump into an action.
10. It doesn’t matter if it’s freezing cold at a meet or blazing hot–trackletes warm up with warm ups on (said the coach).
9. Taking too much time away from track can lead to running withdrawals or restless leg syndrome.
8. The Fosbury Flop is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
7. Telling a tracklete it’s outdoor season is like telling him or her that he or she won the lottery.
6. The feeling (or lack of feeling) in a tracklete’s legs after he or she gave everything in a race.
5. Spring break really just means no class and more practice.
4. TRACK!!!!!!!!!!! = You are about to get trampled.
3. Hearing a baton hit the ground is WAY worse than nails on a chalkboard.
2. Ice baths feel incredibly amazing, tomorrow.
1. Track tans are the best tans.
What else makes you say #ItsATrackThing? Tweet about it and see what everyone else is saying!